Frac tank liners are used to line the large steel mobile storage tanks that contain liquids used in fracturing. Fracturing involves drilling layers of rock below the ground to reach a specific natural resource. From oil to coal to natural gas, the fracturing process uses strong pressures from liquid for drilling. Frac tanks are necessary for storing water when fracturing a well in the oil and gas industry. Additionally, frac tanks can be used to store run-off water, diesel fuel, waste products and other liquids associated with the fracturing process.
Because frac tanks hold thousands of gallons of liquids used in the fracing process, it’s essential due to environmental concerns and requirements to secure the fluid using frac tank liners. Frac tank liners help prevent leaks and rusting of the frac tanks themselves. In order to protect the environment around the fracturing site, it’s important to choose the best possible geosynthetic materials to be used as frac tank liners.
RPE and RPP Frac Tank Liners
Reinforced polyethylene (RPE) and reinforced polypropylene (RPP) are geotextiles that have properties that make them excellent frac tank liners. RPE and RPP are excellent choices when it comes to containing liquids.
- Both RPE and RPP are considered to be some of the longest lasting geosynthetic frac tank liners available
- Both provide superior UV protection
- Both are extremely puncture resistant, which minimizes the chance of leaks
- Both have chemical resistant properties, which is essential in fracturing
- Both are flexible and durable
- BTL Liners can fabricate liners in excess of 150,000 square feet, which eliminates the need for seeming on site
- Both are available in a variety of thicknesses
When it comes to the best tank liners for containment and environmental requirements, RPE and RPP are the best specialty geosynthetics available. With superior UV protection and chemical resistance, RPE and RPP have many advantages as the material for frac tank liners. Contact BTL Liners for more information about lining frac tanks with RPE and RPP liners.